Wednesday, March 09, 2005

Among the Tulips: A Birthday Sonnet

Among the rippling tulips I shall find
Colours blurr'd in impressionistic style:
A mosaic of your memorable smile
That shall forever blossom in my mind.

Among the waving tulips I shall find
Every leaf and petal within a mile
Imitating your tender gestures, while
The cranes' distant song echoing far behind.

As long as the tulips flourish through Time,
In memory, presence or desire,
O Friend! To you my blessings I shall sing:

Your blameless past preserved in witty rhyme,
Your deathless present live like rousing fire,
Your boundless future'll be eternal spring!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i very much so liketh your little sonnet there..
its sweet and curt, now may i ask .. why tulips?

2:48 p.m.  
Blogger Minch said...

lol... me like ur birthday sonnet :) Happy late bday again! tulips = two lips - hahaha! it's a nice choice of a flower, makes me think of the sunny and springy weather.~ want to go out and play now.

5:12 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home